Second Place!
They made it through 20 first grade words, 20 second grade words, and went out on the word "often" during the third grade words. Maddeck knew the spelling and was spelling it into Samuel's ear and he couldn't hear him. When it was time to display the word their sheet of paper looked like
ofd ofd of
Maddeck said that Samuel thought he was saying "ofden" and he was saying "often". I thought they had it for sure as I could read Maddeck's lips from where we were sitting. They were really excited to get second and he was completely cool under the pressure ... actually I don't think Maddeck really knew there was pressure which may be because he knew how to spell all the words they were given. Maddeck isn't anything like me in this regard. If I would have made it to the spelling bee when I was a kid, I think I would have had an upset stomach and sweaty palms. Kyle probably would have been just like Maddeck!
No comments:
Post a Comment