Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Skate & Ski
The boys are learning how to ice skate. They are all improving with each time they are able to go. Maddeck had two half days of school last week for conferences so I was able to take the boys skating at the rink in the afternoon. I also signed Evan and Maddeck up for their first downhill skiing lessons at Mission Ridge. I will take them up three times next week when Maddeck has his winter break from school. Their lessons were a gift from Papa and Mimi from Christmas. I am looking forward to seeing them try out one of my favorite sports ever. Skiing is the best sport for quality time and exercise combined. We get all day to visit on the chair lift rides and then enjoy the exercise and speed of zooming down snowy mountains. Some of my fondest memories are when my Dad would skip work on a Tuesday and pull me and my brother and sister out of school for the day to take us to Steven's Pass. We would ski all day together as a family and eat lunch in the lodge. I want to give our boys the same memories as they grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment