Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ski Day

 Heading to Steven's and so excited!!
 Riding to the top of Daisy for our first run of the day.
 Ella is hard core.
 God's creation.  Wow, what a gift this day was.
 Beating the crowds.
 Long way down.
 Bro-in-law Nathan and me.
 Nate, Me, Elisa, and Jordan. Oh, so much fun.
 Jordy and Seaser.
 Heading up Tye Mill chair with Ella and Elisa.
 Big E and Little E
 Top of Tye with Nate, Jordan, Me, Elisa, Ella, and Laura K.

 I love it up here!!  
 Ready to roll.  
 Poor snowboarders have to sit down all the time.
 Going up Tye Mill.

 Are they fighting?
 Our faces are frozen.
 Hello Ella Kate and Laura K!!!

 This is scary.
 Frozen smiles.
 PB&J lunch with a view.
 Lunch before heading down the backside with Elisa.

 N&E at the top of Hogs.
Mom and Daughter.  

Thank you Mom and Dad for watching my boys so I could spend the day with my brothers, sisters, and nieces.  I did the most runs with Elisa and Ella.  It was so much fun.  The snow wasn't perfect but the weather was amazing.  It was only 13 degrees in the parking lot when we arrived but in the sunshine later in the day it was probably up to 40 degrees or more.  Ella is able to go on every run with the adults and is fearless and fast.  Our last run of the day was down Big Chief.  Brian and I were taking pretty shallow turns and skiing fast while Ella was going straight down in a snow plow between us.  She was going as fast as we were!!  It was a day I will never forget as I was able to spend so much time with Ella.  I didn't really do any runs with Romy because she was on Daisy all day with either Brian or Laura and their friend Rachel.  I think I only did one run with Brian too which was a bummer.  Skiing is so different than it was when were were kids because we have cell phones.  It is so easy to keep in touch with everyone on the mountain and we can split up and not lose each other.    

No comments:

Post a Comment